Solids-based applications include:
What to expect from your conversion
While conversions for different solids-based applications will yield different results, most will have the following limitations:
- Models over 20,000 polygons cannot be converted to a solid-based format.
- No textures or materials will be applied.
- If conversion is possible, you will receive geometry only.
- Simulated detail from bump/normal maps will not convert as this is not part of the actual geometry.
- Objects/features generated from plug-ins may not convert.
- Geometry will be a fused into a single object and may not be editable.
- Geometry will be faceted.
- Layer information will not convert.
For more information about what specific limitations will apply to your conversion, please contact our support team.