CAD-based applications include:
What to expect from your conversion
While conversions for different CAD-based applications will yield different results, most will have the following limitations:
- You will need to create your own materials.
- UV-information will not be preserved, so you will not be able to re-apply the provided textures.
- Geometry will be a fused into a single object.
- Geometry will be faceted.
- Layer information will not convert.
- Objects/features generated from plug-ins may not convert.
For more information about what specific limitations will apply to your conversion, please contact our support team.