If you have any questions, complaints, or comments regarding this Policy, please contact TurboSquid Support.
From time to time, we may add new Services that may not be listed above, but they will provide a link to this Policy and will be governed by its terms.
We do not collect any personal information from you, unless you provide it to us in one of the ways discussed in this Policy. You may provide us this information directly through our Services. If you decide to provide us your personal information (e.g., name, email address, and mailing address), we will collect only the personal information that is needed to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives. If you refuse to divulge your personal information when requested, you may not be able to access certain areas as part of the Services (such as message boards or the ability to buy and sell products).
1. Memberships and Registration. In order for you to register for our Services, we will require you to provide us with information such as a name, email address, state and country of residence, zip/postal code, birth date and other similar information. Some areas of the Services may allow you to visit as a guest and remain anonymous, but you may not be able to access all the content and features of those areas without registering.
2. Public Forums. Please note that your user name will be available to the Internet's general public while you participate in some Services, such as publishing products or posting on our message boards, so you should exercise discretion when using these Services. Personal information disclosed by you within our message boards, or similar Services can be collected by other users of such Services and may result in unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for protecting such information that you may disclose to third parties through our Services (e.g. sending your telephone number to another user through the Services). To the extent that you use a profile that may be available to others on our Services, you are solely responsible for its content and accuracy at all times. To edit, change, or delete such information, follow the instructions provided on our Services.
3. Email Newsletters. As part of your participation in the Services, we may send you email. You must have an account and have given us your email address in order to receive emails from us. You may be asked for additional personal information when you ask to receive email. You can opt out of receiving future emailing from us by following the directions contained in the email to "unsubscribe."
General, aggregated, demographic, and non-personal information may be collected by TurboSquid. It may be be linked to your personal information, through cookies or other means. This type of anonymous, aggregated profiling and session data may include information that you have provided to us through surveys, polls, etc.. It may also include aggregated anonymous information about Site usage and the customer base.
We may also collect information about you to optimize our site or diagnose problems with the site. This information is often used in aggregate to see trends, but may also be connected to your personal account information.
The TurboSquid Services do contain "cookies."
A cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your browser, which will store the cookie on your computer if your browser is enabled to accept cookies.
Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the TurboSquid Services may not function properly.
Personal information which we collect for a particular purpose will be saved and used for that purpose, unless you have agreed to allow us to use it for some other purpose, as described in this Policy. Except as discussed in this policy, we will not sell, rent, or otherwise use your personal information for a commercial purpose unless approved by you.
When you have provided personal information to us for a particular purpose, we may disclose your information to other companies that we have engaged to assist us in fulfilling your request. This may include, but is not limited to, fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third party service providers. We may also disclose any of your personal information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, or other suspected illegal activities, or as otherwise may be required by applicable law, or, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect the legitimate legal and business interests of TurboSquid.
In cases where a claim of IP infringement or other civil law claim is made, we may give out the information of the seller or distributor of such material so that the person making the claim can contact them to resolve the dispute. However, we do not release any information from the buyers of such allegedly infringing material unless we have direction from the appropriate legal authority.
We may use the information we collect from you for the purpose of providing you with technical support, customer service, and account maintenance. We use the information we collect to learn what you like, tailor your experience accordingly, and to improve web sites and our other products.
You will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, a subsequent owner or operator of the Sites, of any personal information contained in the TurboSquid database for such site, if TurboSquid assigns all of its rights and obligations regarding the use of your personal information at the time of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of TurboSquid’s assets to a subsequent owner or operator, or similar event.
If you would like to modify any personal information you have provided to us, or have us no longer use this information, please follow the instructions associated with the Services. If you have any questions or would like to access or change your information via email, please contact TurboSquid Support.
In addition to this Policy, your rights and obligations concerning our Services are governed by the applicable web site end user license agreement, and other applicable policies, guidelines, and requirements. When you sign up to use our Services, please review each such agreement carefully, as you must agree to be bound by each such agreement before you may use the service.
By consenting to this Policy, you confirm that your command and knowledge of English is sufficient to understand the terms and conditions set forth herein.
For persons in European Union countries, as used herein, terms such as "personal information" refer to "personal data" as defined by the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data ("Directive"). We will not collect any personal data from you unless you provide it under the terms of this Policy. By using TurboSquid Services, you agree that we may transfer your personal information outside the European Union in connection with the purposes stated in this Policy. Your personal data will be transferred to the United States (and/or other non-EU jurisdictions, as applicable).
While TurboSquid takes precautions against possible breaches in its web sites and customer databases, no web site or Internet transmission is completely secure. Consequently, TurboSquid cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Your use of the TurboSquid sites and Services is at your own risk. TurboSquid urges you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser whenever you finish your play session or leave your computer in a public area.
TurboSquid employs a security technology known as a secure-socket-layer ("SSL") to protect the transmission of critical account information, such as credit card transmissions, through the Services. Unless otherwise specified, credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes.
TurboSquid complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet.
1. Children Under the Age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an account on the Site. To sell on TurboSquid, you have to be of legal age to sign a binding contract in the country where you reside. This age is 18 in most countries. If you are younger than 18, you can use an adult's account with the permission of the account-holder. However, the account-holder would be responsible for everything done with that account.
2. Information for Parents. Parents should regularly oversee their kid's use of e-mail and other online communications and transactional features. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers that can help provide a safe online environment for kids. You can find out about software that protects your children here:
If your son or daughter has used your credit card on our Services without your permission, contact TurboSquid Support immediately and we will remove their information.
3. Youth Between the Ages of 13 and 18. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please have your parent or guardian read this Policy and get his or her permission before you give us any of your personal identifiable information, before you use any of our message board or chat features, before you sign up for any Services, and before you buy anything from the Sites. Do not post your real name on a web site or message board, and never tell anyone online anything private about yourself or your family, including your phone number and address. Use screen names at all times.
TurboSquid reserves the right to change this Policy at any time by notifying registered users via email or the Services of the existence of a new Policy and/or posting the new Policy on the associated Services. All changes to the Policy will be effective when posted, and your continued use of any TurboSquid Services after the posting will constitute your acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.