TurboSquid is an official Shelby licensee. It’s a great opportunity for all artists and customers, and involves several changes to the structure of how TurboSquid will sell and regulate products on our marketplace.
- There is a special artist agreement for selling Shelby-related 3D Models that you must agree to if you wish to continue selling Shelby-related 3D Models.
- TurboSquid is the only approved outlet for selling Shelby related 3D Models. This means that Shelby requires you to exclusively sell Shelby related 3D models through TurboSquid, which has implemented their review process for buyers and sellers, whether you are a SquidGuild member or not.
- Shelby will review each new product for accuracy before the product is published.
- We now allow dual branded products (Ford + Shelby), for example the “Shelby Mustang.”
- Shelby-related 3D Models may be sold as part of a collection of Shelby-related 3D; however, they may not be sold as part of a general collection of 3D cars of other brands.
Shelby will share in the revenue for their products in this arrangement. Artist royalty rates will be somewhat lower. The new royalty rates for artists for Shelby content are:
- Diamond SquidGuild: 48%
- Ruby SquidGuild: 46.4%
- Emerald SquidGuild: 44.8%
- Gold SquidGuild: 43.2%
- Silver SquidGuild: 41.6%
- Bronze SquidGuild: 40.8%
- Clear SquidGuild: 40%
- Standard Artist Royalty (non-SquidGuild): 32%
- TurboSquid recommends that you consider raising your price by at least 25%, for example raising from $100 → $125.
- Previously, TurboSquid offered Shelby products only for editorial uses. Now customers can use Shelby products for many other types of uses.
- Shelby has the exclusive and unilateral right to approve or disapprove a specific purchase of a Shelby product, depending on the purchaser’s stated use.
- Shelby has a significant number of licensees that will be directed to your buy TurboSquid content. Our hope is that this will increase the sales of Shelby 3D Models.