There are often quick and easy fixes available for render issues. Below are some of the most common solutions.
The scene renders very darkly or black
- The artist did not include a light rig
Sometimes an asset may not include a preset lighting scene. This will cause the scene to render very darkly or black. Adding a light or importing a lighting scene may address the issue.
Missing DLL error message or file requires third-party plug-in message
- A third-party plugin or application may be required
If a model requires a third-party plugin, the artist should state this in the product description. If you are using the required plug-in, please see below. If you are receiving a missing a missing DLL error message and the artist does not state that a third-party plug-in is required, please open a support ticket.
- You have the required plugin or application and are still receiving the error message
If a model is using a third-party plugin, it must be enabled in order for the materials to show correctly. Some plugins are available by default within certain programs. However, some of these may need to be enabled with the software in order for the model to open properly.
VRay-specific error messages
- VRay is a third-party renderer sometimes used to render scenes within 3D software applications. In other words, an artist can add VRay as a plug-in to his/her 3D software and use it to render scenes and create materials. VRay is not included with any 3D application; it must be purchased separately in order to use it. However, TurboSquid does not expect customers to have to purchase VRay in order to use the models they purchase, unless the product description specifically says this is necessary.
- Change the default renderer
You can safely remove references to VRay by changing the current renderer to the software's default renderer. If error messages persist, then you will need to change the materials within the scene to standard materials that do not reference VRay. Doing so will not damage the model or scene in any way, but might cause the scene to render differently than in the thumbnails shown. If removing VRay references makes the model unusable to you, please contact TurboSquid support.
I have tried all of the above, and I am still having an issue.
1. The application (and version) you are using;
2. A detailed description of the issue and of any error messages you have received;
3. Which file formats you have tried;
4. Screenshots that will help us to diagnose the issue (if possible);
5. And/or what methods (if any) you have tried yourself to resolve the issue.