There are often quick and easy fixes available for issues with error messages. Below are some of the most common solutions.
Missing DLL error message or file requires third-party plug-in message
- A third-party plugin or application may be required
If a model requires a third-party plugin, the artist should state this in the product description. If you are using the required plug-in, please see below. If you are receiving a missing a missing DLL error message and the artist does not state that a third-party plug-in is required, please open a support ticket.
- You have the required plugin or application and are still receiving the error message
If a model is using a third-party plugin, it must be enabled in order for the materials to show correctly. Some plugins are available by default within certain programs. However, some of these may need to be enabled with the software in order for the model to open properly.
VRay-specific error messages
- Change the default renderer
You can safely remove references to VRay by changing the current renderer to the software's default renderer. If error messages persist, then you will need to change the materials within the scene to standard materials that do not reference VRay. Doing so will not damage the model or scene in any way, but might cause the scene to render differently than in the thumbnails shown. If removing VRay references makes the model unusable to you, please contact TurboSquid support.
Texture/material errors when opening or rendering the model
- Check to see if there is a separate texture and material archive/folder that you must download.
Sometimes artists will upload files and textures into a separate download archive/folder. They may also include textures in other archive folders for one of the other available formats. Please visit our How to download model texture article for instructions on how to find textures in a separate download archive.
- Check to see if the the textures are available through the product's preview page.
If the files in question are not available with the rest of the downloadable files, it is possible that the artist uploaded these as a promotional download You can find promotional downloads on the model’s full preview page under the Previews section. Please visit our How to download model texture article for instructions on how to find textures on the product preview page.
- Check to see if the textures are applied using an absolute path.
If you receive a missing texture/file error message, this may be a result of the texture files using an absolute path rather than a relative or stripped one. Try stripping or localizing the paths of several of the textures to see if this resolves the issue. Please visit our How to Strip Texture Paths article for more information about stripping texture paths in 3dsMax, Maya, and Cinema4D.
I have tried all of the above, and I am still having an issue.
1. The application (and version) you are using;
2. A detailed description of the issue and of any error messages you have received;
3. Which file formats you have tried;
4. Screenshots that will help us to diagnose the issue (if possible);
5. And/or what methods (if any) you have tried yourself to resolve the issue.